Always wanted to try your hand at calligraphy, but feel like it’s too hard? I'm here to give you hands-on advice and show you that the process of making beautiful letters is not as daunting as it looks.
This fun, low-stress class will cover the traditional basics of pointed pen - but with a modern twist! You will learn the proper way to use your tools, techniques for achieving those coveted thick and thin line variations, constructing letterforms - and of course putting all of your new skills together to create a special piece that is completely unique.
What you'll be receiving:
• 2.5 hours of hands-on instruction with professional calligrapher, Brooke Helton of Southern Bee Designs
• Pen holder (please let me know if you are left-handed)
• 2 nibs
• Jar of Ink
• Pencil for sketching
• Practice Guide Sheets, and Practice Paper
• Practice Alphabets
• Workshop Instruction & Resource Guide
• Special project materials
• Light Refreshments (Please specify if you have any food allergies)
• Admission into the Southern Bee Alumni Facebook page (Where you'll be able to download extra worksheets, continue questions, show your work, and try your hand at new practice challenges)
Booking, planning and the ordering/creation of materials for classes takes considerable time and cost up front. The purchase of your ticket is final, and non-refundable.